Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applying Behaviors to Each Photoshop Layer

I haven't used Motion in a few years and now I've forgotten it -- sorry. I have a PhotoShop document of 60 layers, each containing a dot. I've imported it as a Project. I want to apply the Randomize behavior to each layer so that they all drift about independently like Brownian Motion. I can get one layer to do it. But do I need to copy the behavior to the other 59 layers and generate a new random seed or can I apply it once globally and still keep a random seed on each layer.

Thanks very much.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), FCPX

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 3:14 AM

3 replies

Jul 15, 2015 9:32 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

If you layers are in the same group, use the "Random Motion" behavior in the Simulation category of behaviors. There's a checkbox in the behavior to affect subjects, this will allow anything in the group to be affected by the behavior, instead of applying it to each layer. I had to look up Brownian Motion, but I think if you also add a Repel behavior and lower the sliders you will get something close to what you want.

Applying Behaviors to Each Photoshop Layer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.