Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate panorama album in iOS

On both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2 I have two panorama albums in Photos. One is the smart album that gets created which I think is great and I want to leave that. That smart panorama album says I have 39 panoramas in it.

The second album labeled panoramas says it is "From My Mac" and only has 30 photos in it. I cannot delete this album in iOS because it looks like it was created on the Mac and synced which is how I do all of my albums. However, on my Mac in the Photos app I do not have a Panoramas album. I only see the smart album. How do I go about deleting that duplicate non-smart album in iOS?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 6:51 AM

7 replies

Jul 17, 2015 6:51 AM in response to Scott Raymond

Hello Scott,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you'd like to removed photos on your iPad which have been synced from iTunes on your Mac, then you will need to follow the directions in the first link below. These directions do only apply if you currently have the photos on your Mac. The second link below contains steps to resolve this issue if you no longer have the original pictures on your Mac.

Delete synced photos

1. In iTunes, locate and click on your device.
  2. Click Photos.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

These steps will remove all of the previously synced photos from the device.

To delete photos that have been synced from a computer that's no longer accessible:

1. Create a folder on the computer that you now sync with, and add a single photo to that folder.
  2. In the Photos tab in iTunes, click the box next to "Sync Photos From."
  3. In the pop-up menu next to "Sync Photos From," choose the folder you created in step 1.
  4. Apply the change.
  5. Uncheck "Sync Photos From."
  6. Apply the change again.
  7. Your synced photos will now be removed from the device.

Delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can’t access the originals - Apple Support

Take care.

Jul 17, 2015 6:56 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi, thanks for your reply but I think you misunderstood my problem or missed on significant part of it. The duplicate album "Panoramas" that is on my iPhone and iPad and says "From My Mac" is no where to be found on my Mac so I can't delete it from syncing. And the other album "Panoramas" that I have on the iPhone and iPad are smart albums that automatically get created.

Jul 19, 2015 3:05 PM in response to chuck_3rd

So, I followed the steps and deleted all photos from the devices and then synced. I still get two albums for panorama and videos, one of the albums being a smart album and one being "from my mac".

If I don't sync all photos and choose albums I don't get any panorama or video albums because I don't have those as an album on my mac to choose to sync. But if I choose those smart albums to sync I again get two copies, one smart and one "from my mac".

Duplicate panorama album in iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.