You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

enter a hex custom color for text

How in the world do I add a HEX code for the color of the text? The color picker they give you is worthless to me. I have a hex code or even and RGB value but I see nowhere that I can put in this info. If I double click the color chip in the text panel under "Face" I get the standard apple color picker pallet and I can put in the hex code here but it does not carry over to FCPX. Arghhhh. Why is this so unintuitive or am I just a dope. Probably the later. 🙂

Many thanks,

Houston

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 11:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 2:07 PM

Open the inspector > select Title > Click the color box

in the color panel, select the sliders tab then RGB from the dropdown menu

User uploaded file

2 replies

Jul 15, 2015 2:20 PM in response to htown

You are probably only seeing the color wash picker, aka spectrum? That is served up for you if you click on the little triangle. If you click on the color box, you will get the usual Apple color picker. At the top is a set of color range and gamut options. Choose the little squares icon. You will get eh Apple picker. There is a popup menu that will give you developers and web safe color ranges.You can enter the hex for your color and then drag the chip to the chip drawer at the bottom.

The FCPX Help system has nothing on using the color picker that I can find.

enter a hex custom color for text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.