Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macupdate.com-apple.co virus found

It seems that this macupdate.com keepchanging the latter part of their domain and playing about.

When the popup box saying my Mac is infected, Press OK to repair.

I forcequit it. But didn't start holding down shift key for safe mode start.

I experience some abnormalities, during the 6-7 times start up, my volume up and down button did not allow me to adjust the volume whilst watching YouTube, Mac wouldn't shut down, popup box later saying that word is open ( not really) or Safari was still open etc.

Seems like different symptom every time I start again. Sometimes it runs OK.

What sort of problem is this?

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 2:54 PM

6 replies

Aug 5, 2015 4:50 AM in response to Linc Davis

I relaunched my Mac about 7-8 times after the pop up. Blank web pages appearing on relaunch may have been due to Force Quit. Desktop Freeze (word folders in the desktop wouldn't open), volume up and down key not worked after relaunch. It seems all the problems are gone now and my Macbook works as normal. Hopefully my other problems are not related.

I read your other posting after relaunch, I regret not using the shift key; could this have caused any problem?

macupdate.com-apple.co virus found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.