Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s stuck on black screen with apple logo

My phone has been playing up for a while now, for example the other day it deleted ALL of my messages, every time i delete i turn my phone off it erases all my messages i had, my apps crash all the time, i have no memory no matter how much i delete and my iphone battery is VERY BAD.

Today it just crashed and has been stuck on a black screen with the apple logo which has a bar underneath it. I have plugged it in for hours and still no luck. i cant turn it off. I cant press the home button and turn off button at same time as my home button is broken. I can connect it to itunes as i have a pass code on my phone and it wont turn on. im on the verge of tears right now as my phone isnt backed up and i have ALOT of precious photos that will be erased.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 3:25 PM

5 replies

Jul 15, 2015 3:27 PM in response to Alisha Crosby

Press and hold both the Power button and Home button until the device reboots and you see the Apple logo. Hopefully, it will continue to boot to your home screen. If it does not, you may have to put it in recovery mode to restore it. The instruction are via the following link, if necessary.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best of luck,

Zack 🙂

Iphone 5s stuck on black screen with apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.