Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Changed providers, thus my email address which is also my Apple ID. New Apple ID and password won't work on ipad but works on computer login. There seems to be now way to change that on the ipad. Thought it would be automatic once I changed it @ Apple website, and app store website. But went to app store on pad, still has old ID and no passwords I have ever had, work. So cannot use app store. Did hard restart of pad, nothing changed. Please do not tell me to update all devices to the latest greatest. I can't and won't. I use Photoshop everyday and will lose it. Cannot afford to buy a new one. Computer=iMac 10.7.5. ipad version 7.1.2 on ipad2 32g

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 3:29 PM

2 replies

Jul 15, 2015 4:38 PM in response to 22kiss22

Unfortunately you went about this incorrectly. Rather than make a new Apple ID you should have changed the email address that was your Apple ID.

Changing the email address you use for your Apple ID -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5621

Now that you have used that email address to create a new Apple ID it is too late to do it correctly.

Have you gone into Settings on the iPad and changed the Apple ID used in iTunes & App Store?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 1.0.1, iPad Air & iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.