Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6/Verizon wrong date & time

My iPhone 6(iOS 8.3)/Verizon frequently has the wrong date and time. The date is either 11/1/2013 or 11/2/2013 and the time is always off by 4 hours and 29 minutes from the actual time.Issue originally happened with my iPhone 5. Verizon indicated it may be an iPhone hardware issue. Replaced iPhone 5 with a new iPhone 6 and have same issue (so I'm thinking I can rule phone hardware out). This is a work phone which our building has wifi for better coverage inside the building. Have tried wifi only and cellular only and still have issue with both. Typically I can resolve by going in and out of airplane mode (sometimes it takes multiple cycles). Last contact with Verizon had me reset network settings - still an issue and now they are suggesting a new phone again. I've seen lots of conversations on iPhone 5 and Verizon with similar issue but not much out there on the iPhone 6. Any suggestion on how to fix?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 3:51 AM

5 replies

Jul 22, 2015 3:52 AM in response to AmishCake

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do what you suggested. Since it's a work phone, I have limited ability to do what you described. I have asked them to evaluate your suggestion.

Another piece of data. Up until this point, I have not found anybody else at work who has experienced (or reported) this issue. By accident, I ran into a summer intern we had here and overheard that only at work does her personal Boost iPhone 5C have an issue where it has the wrong date/time...and guess what, it is also November 1, 2013.

Both of us have observed that it only happens at work and we believe we have only seen it while phone is charging (will try to confirm by not charging at work for the rest of this week).

Aug 2, 2015 6:38 AM in response to prosstdsi

I'm having this issue on my verizon iphone 5c. I keep reading posts that say you have to contact verizon because time syncs with their servers. My SIM was used in my other iPhone 5 for a few weeks while this one's screen was broken so I thought I might have a "SIM Sync" issue. I reset my network settings and, at least so far (10 minutes!) it seems to be working.

Aug 3, 2015 3:45 AM in response to prosstdsi

After 4 days of not charging at work, I have not had the problem (I was on vacation for a week, away from office and did not have the issue either). At the moment it appears that my issue is solved by not charging while in my office at work. The only other piece of the puzzle to try is to replace the charger...I have a Verizon supplied charger (not the "official" Apple one) used at my desk. If after this week, I have no issue while not charging, I will replace Verizon charger with Apple charger and see what happens.

Aug 12, 2015 3:04 AM in response to prosstdsi

I had no incidents of going back in time without using the charger for another full week. I used my "official" Apple charge this week and no issue on Monday and then on Tuesday I did time travel back to 2013. For whatever reason it appears that I can't charge in my office at work.

I'm still at a loss as to whether this is an Apple or Verizon issue. At least two people at work have the issue. One is an iPhone 5C and the other is a iPhone 6 (technically I had the same issue with my previous iPhone 5 as well). The iPhone 5 7 6 are on Verizon and the 5C is on Boost. Since as I understand t, the phones get there time from the cell towers AND we both ONLY have the issue at work, i want to think it is cell tower related. However they are on two different carriers....but I don't understand how towers work. If the their isn't a "Boost" tower near work, does it roam and use the same Verizon tower that my Verizon phone uses?

iPhone 6/Verizon wrong date & time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.