Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canvas on second display has removed Keyframe edditor

I tried the "Show canvas on second monitor" mode which was great being able to use motion 5 on dual screens. However, now when I load motion I only get the following screen setup. There are none of the red yellow or green buttons either... no keyframe editor and many options in the dropdown menus are greyed out. Feeling frustrated with deadlines and now no way of doing anything as each new project now loads the same way. I have reinstalled only to have the same issue. Anyone know what I have done I am sure there is a simple solution.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 4:20 AM

6 replies

Jul 16, 2015 6:42 PM in response to GFXZen

I actually did some searching online and what your seeing does seem to be correct. "Show canvas on second monitor" puts the inspector/layer list/canvas and playback controls on your secondary monitor, in full screen. There are no "window controls" (title bar with resizing options) and the timeline and keyframe editor will now show up on you main display. You may want to swap your arrangement (put the timeline on the second display). This can be swapped in the window menu. Or you may need to adjust your system display arrangement (system preferences).

You may want to look here. https://help.apple.com/motion/mac/5.2/?lang=en#/motn28dd68aa

FWIW, FCPX works basically the same way.

Jul 17, 2015 7:17 AM in response to GFXZen

I went and tried this again.

As it turns out, if you go to *the second monitor* and use the Window menu there, those options are not greyed out and they work - even though the effect is to turn those items on in the *first monitor*. After doing this one time, I found that the menus were also not greyed out in the first monitor. Every option in the Window menu is working.

Canvas on second display has removed Keyframe edditor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.