Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes login fail: "Error description not available"

Hello,

I am unable to log in to iTunes Store since the recent iTunes update. I thought it had to do with the fact that I was using iOS 9 public beta on my iPad, which is the only Apple device I possess. When trying to log in "error description not available" shows up on my PC, and there is a verification code notification on my iPad.
Anyway, I restored the device to iOS 8 wiping all my data, since I thought this would sove the problem. However, now I can't log in on either of the devices! I can access my Apple ID, but I can't access iTunes Store. The same error shows up on iPad.
Does anybody happen to experience the same issue?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4, + newest iTunes on a Windows PC

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 1:58 PM

I'm having the same problem too. installed ios9 my itunes is 122116 and use the osx Yosemite

Have you ever managed to solve in any way? can you help me?

10 replies

Jul 25, 2015 4:11 PM in response to vargtimmen

Hey folks,

it really seems to be a problem with the two factor authentication especially when running the public beta of el capitan. But the solution posted by tizianogd really works fine:

First try to log in to your iTunes account with your current apple password. After this was declined with "Error description not available" you need to click on "Allow". Just type the 6-digit-code shown in the next window right after your password and press enter. Voila... you are logged in 🙂

Example:

Your current password is "thisismypassword"

Your given 2-factor code is 125 521.

You need to log in with the password "thisismypassword125521"

I hope this problem gets solved in the next release...

Jul 28, 2015 4:05 PM in response to vargtimmen

All right guys, I managed to fix that problem and it was ridiculously easy.

If you have access to your Apple ID, log in and turn off the two-step authentification process. You couldn't do that before (at least I couldn't) but it seems like they updated the site and you can just shut this god damned option off! It should return you to the previous version of the Apple ID site (non-beta). I hope this helps.

Many thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread.

iTunes login fail: "Error description not available"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.