Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please return the L9 colour palette Apple.

The new macs make the LPX colour palette look so incredibly dull and dark. Yes, they are 'clearer' and 'sharper' but not more interesting.

L9 had pastel shades and interesting vibrancies. LPX has given us a really bland pallete.

Does anyone else agree we should be able to choose our colours, and those being from L9 if we so wish?

With enough support we can get apple to agree.

Please comment or +1 if you agree below and ill send this thread to the LPX team at Apple.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 6:23 AM

8 replies

Jul 16, 2015 9:17 AM in response to benjigordon

First of all, I fully agree with your opinion about Color Palette.

However, this forum is not the place where Apple is looking for opinion and suggestions how to improve Logic. It has a dedicated place for that

User uploaded file

http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jul 31, 2015 10:30 PM in response to benjigordon

+ 1 times a zillion. I've used the same color-coding system in Logic since 1998, and the new palette is a classic "fix something that wasn't broken." If Apple wants to give users a new, "improved" palette, that's fine, but please give us the option to revert to the old version. If they can make a device that lets me video call the other side of the world, I'm guessing an alternate color palette shouldn't tax the Apple brain trust too much.

Jul 31, 2015 11:34 PM in response to celebutante

celebutante wrote:

+ 1 times a zillion. I've used the same color-coding system in Logic since 1998, and the new palette is a classic "fix something that wasn't broken." If Apple wants to give users a new, "improved" palette, that's fine, but please give us the option to revert to the old version. If they can make a device that lets me video call the other side of the world, I'm guessing an alternate color palette shouldn't tax the Apple brain trust too much.

Yes, but like me, you are the old school Logic user, not part of the new "upgrade from Garageband" user Apple is cultivating. They spent some time to enable a "Garageband Mode" in Logic so it's pretty obvious who they're after these days. Some of the new features are pretty cool but nothing I personally need.

Please return the L9 colour palette Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.