Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I switch from wifi to cellar data for finishing back up

My phone will not switch to cellar data to finish back up it is on pause because of no wifi

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 6:20 AM

1 reply

Jul 18, 2015 6:21 AM in response to cshaw69

Howdy cshaw69,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

The reason why your iPhone is not using cellular data to back up to iCloud, is that Wi-Fi is required for backing up. If you'd like to learn more, then see the information below.

iCloud automatically backs up your iOS device information daily over Wi-Fi when your device is turned on, locked, and connected to a power source.

Back up automatically

On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup, then turn on iCloud Backup.

On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, then turn on iCloud Backup.

Back up manually

On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup, then tap Back Up Now.

On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, then tap Back Up Now.

For information about messages that may appear while backing up, see the Apple Support article Get help creating an iCloud backup.

If you don’t back up your iOS device to iCloud for 180 days or more, Apple reserves the right to delete your device’s iCloud backups. For information, see iCloud Terms and Conditions.

iCloud: Back up your iOS device to iCloud

Take care.

how can I switch from wifi to cellar data for finishing back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.