Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my ipad 3rd generation run ios 9 smoothly?

My ipad 3rd gen is verry laggy in ios 8.. Will it be more laggy if i upgrade it to ios 9 when it comes out? Is it worth it or it will improve my ipad ?

It gets very annoying when it lags and runs very slow since ios 7... My ipad was amazing when i first buyed it 3 years ago with ios 6.

thanks for your answers.

iOS 8.3, iPad (3rd Generation) wi-fi , 64Gb

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 6:54 AM

Try following the steps below to improve the performance of your iPad.

Reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2015 6:54 AM in response to LUD's

Try following the steps below to improve the performance of your iPad.

Reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

Sep 28, 2015 2:53 AM in response to LUD's

I would not recommend anyone update to iOS 9. You may not be able to make a back up of your apps after the update. See my latest post.

I am a long time apple user and past developer and very experienced in all apple products and systems, and until Apple fixes this bug, I would refrain from upgarding from iOS 8. I am having serious problems on my iPhone 6, too. Too numerous to mention, but they include screen stability problems, searching problems, to name just a few....

System iOS 9 is written for the new iPhone 6 S, and although I have one on the way, i have not used it with iOS 9 yet.

Will my ipad 3rd generation run ios 9 smoothly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.