Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to do I store photos on my airport time capsule without keeping them in my MacBook Air?

I want to store photos on my Time capsule, without keeping them in my mac book air. How is this done?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 3:43 PM

Basically you don't..

If you are using iPhoto apple specifically says not to store the library on network drives.

iPhoto: Issues with FAT32-formatted drives - Apple Support

Additionally, storing the iPhoto library on a network rather than locally on your computer can also lead to poor performance or data loss.

iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users - Apple Support

So the answer is if you store an active live library on the TC you will eventually corrupt it.. don't do it.

The right way to share the library is on a Mac in your network.. or from iCloud. especially the new photo app in Yosemite is designed for iCloud.. it will give you issues on a TC.

Sorry.. Apple make this hard.

If your question is broader.. you are storing raw photos that is no problem.. copy and paste them.. but I suspect you are talking about iphoto or photos library rather than raw photos from your camera.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2015 3:43 PM in response to ilopezbarro

Basically you don't..

If you are using iPhoto apple specifically says not to store the library on network drives.

iPhoto: Issues with FAT32-formatted drives - Apple Support

Additionally, storing the iPhoto library on a network rather than locally on your computer can also lead to poor performance or data loss.

iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users - Apple Support

So the answer is if you store an active live library on the TC you will eventually corrupt it.. don't do it.

The right way to share the library is on a Mac in your network.. or from iCloud. especially the new photo app in Yosemite is designed for iCloud.. it will give you issues on a TC.

Sorry.. Apple make this hard.

If your question is broader.. you are storing raw photos that is no problem.. copy and paste them.. but I suspect you are talking about iphoto or photos library rather than raw photos from your camera.

How to do I store photos on my airport time capsule without keeping them in my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.