Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option to "Reset iCloud Music Library" is not present

I was going to try the solution described in HT204964

When I proceed to the step 3, I cannot find a way to perform step 3.3 "Reset iCloud Music Library" - I cannot see this option in account details in iTunes.

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 1:47 PM

15 replies

Jul 19, 2015 11:19 AM in response to Dim-Bon

I have this issue also.. I have turned off iCloud music on everything but, I can't "reset" the cloud. So anytime I turn ti back on all it does is redownload my screwed up library.

My local library on my "main" iMac is correct and it's what I want to go into the cloud. I just can't force iTunes to put everything up in the cloud again. Just keeps what is there and won't reset.

Jul 20, 2015 5:48 AM in response to Dim-Bon

Forgot, also you have to follow this KB to "fix" your master computers iTunes library so it has the correct info. Then you do the rest.

If your music library shows incorrect details with iTunes Match or Apple Music, and you previously cancelled an iTunes M…

Got mine working with this tactic. Basically account settings should have a "reset" option for the cloud, essentially deleting what you have in the cloud. Since I lacked that option, I merely went to my other computer and opened up iTunes there. I deleted all music from that iTunes instance so the library was empty. Then I turned on iCloud library, of course it pulled down everything (the screwed up stuff) from the cloud. Once this was done I deleted everything again, so that the library was empty. Then waited for all of that to go to the cloud.

Then i went to one of my iOS devices and turned on iCloud music on there to confirm nothing shows up, no new playlists nada... success now that cloud has "nothing".

Then turned off iCloud music on everything again.

Went back to my original computer with the proper library with all my music rating etc, and turned on iCloud music. This then analyzed my library and put everything in the cloud for me again. Then when i turned on iCloud music on my iOS devices, they got the proper stuff from the cloud and all is well again.

Of course make a backup if at all possible of your iTunes library cuz you never know. And if you don't have a 2nd computer like I did you can just make a new account on your computer and have iTunes sign in with your normal PW etc. Then you should be fine.

Jul 20, 2015 8:50 AM in response to Dim-Bon

I'm doing this off the top of my head, but my memory says turn off Match and iCloud Music Library on all computers and iOS devices. Make sure Music is not open on any iOS or iTunes on computers. Start iTunes from your primary iTunes Music library on your computer WHILE holding down the "command/option" keys. A window opens that I believe says "reset iCloud Music." click it and any old data (especially the old match info from a previous Match subscription) is erased in the cloud.

I think I then quit iTunes and reopened it in normal mode. reactivated iCloud Music. iTunes goes whirly whirly while it uploads the info about your library on your computer. Once that is done, turn on iCloud Music on your other devices.

Nevertheless, this was not an adequate solution for me. I had resubscribed to Match at the same time I first started using iCloud Music. Consequently, the old Match data in the cloud corrupted a lot of my music on my computers. Even after using SongKong and Beatunes 4, about 25% of my songs have incorrect metadata. Mostly the album art is correct. Listing iTunes songs by Disc #/track #/Album by Artist, I have thousands of songs that say they are duplicates but have different Time lengths. This will take days to correct, that I can't take away from other things that need to be done.

This is the biggest screw-up I've ever had with Apple. Angry and very disappointed.

Sep 23, 2015 12:22 PM in response to Garrett Howe

Tried this with a second iTunes library on my main computer. I deleted everything off my iCloud library and waited for it to update.

But when I went back to my original library and turned iCloud library on again, most of the old stuff appeared again! I did verify my iCloud library was empty before. There seem to have been some cached files left, I guess?

Option to "Reset iCloud Music Library" is not present

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.