Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano 7th gen is fully charged but when I turned it on, the max battery life is 30 minutes

So I have a Nano 7 th generation for a little over a year now, it was working fine til a couple of days ago. I charged the ipod, turned it off and try using it the following day, the battery only lasted 30 minutes. went home charged it again and same thing happened? is my battery dead, or my ipod done? do I really need a new one?

iPod nano

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 12:45 PM

1 reply

Jul 18, 2015 12:48 PM in response to esnz1987

Hello esnz1987,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like the battery life of your iPod nano seems short, and you're wondering if it needs a new battery or to be replaced.

First, see if these tips from iPod nano (7th generation): Hardware troubleshooting affect the battery life of your iPod:

Battery life appears short

Learn how to conserve battery life.

• Ensure that the latest software is installed on the iPod.
  • When charging, use the cable that came with iPod nano (7th generation) and leave the device connected until it is fully charged.
    Note: If you are charging using your computer, don't connect iPod nano (7th generation) to your keyboard. Also, the computer must be turned on and not in sleep or standby mode. If iPod nano (7th generation) is connected to a computer that's not turned on or is in sleep or standby mode, the iPod nano (7th generation) battery may drain.

When you are done using the iPod nano, verify that:

• The Radio application is off (tap the User uploaded file button)
  • Music is paused (tap the User uploaded file button in the iPod application or disconnect the earphones)
  • There is no active Pedometer session (tap the Stop button in the Fitness application)

If the battery still seems short after trying these tips, restore your iPod using the steps in Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

Best Regards.

Ipod nano 7th gen is fully charged but when I turned it on, the max battery life is 30 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.