Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD Player won't eject music CD

I am still using my CD/DVD player for music/movies. When I tried last evening to eject a CD, the system appeared to be ejecting the CD, but the CD never came out, but the system clicked as if the CD was being installed. The CD did spin back up as if I just inserted it. This is the first time it has ever happened. I've tried the onboard diagnostics but everything is showing as working fine. I've tried tipping it on end while pressing the eject key - no luck. Also looked for a small hole to insert a paperclip to manually release the CD, but I don't find any small hole. What have you found that works? Thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 12:30 PM

4 replies

Jul 16, 2015 4:06 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for the response Carolyn. I've tried dragging the CD icon to the trash (which morphs into an Eject icon), but the CD still does not come out. It just cycles back in to the player. I see no part of the CD coming out of the drive at all. I've also tried the reboot with holding down the N key to to avail. I'm sure something will come about which will help.

I am also running 10.9.5 not 10.7.5.

Again, Thanks for the help!

Jul 18, 2015 6:36 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric for these tips, but I'm still having the problem even after trying all these ideas. Looks like I may have to go the Apple Store and have them "fix" it. Maybe disable the internal CD/DVD and use an external unit. Hope not, but I'm almost out of other options. I know the unit is trying to eject the CD as I can hear it click, then click again resetting the CD back to the drive.

Thanks again!

GoldenEagle406

CD Player won't eject music CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.