Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i reset my ipod with broken homescreen button?

The homescreen on my ipod 4th gen is broken and im locked out the ipod. How can i reset the password? i've sent to get the home screen to get fixed and it couldnt be done.

iPhone 4

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 1:54 PM

1 reply

Jul 16, 2015 1:59 PM in response to xoxoLexieee

This

If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone and use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

You can also wipe the iOS device by installing the FindMyiPhone app on another iOS device and using that app to wipe the device.

or use the method in the following for placing the device in recovery mode without buttons and then restore vai iTunes

Turn on without Home/Power Button

How do i reset my ipod with broken homescreen button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.