Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple.com lucky winner?

IS Apple doing a private test group for the iPhone 7? I just got a notice that says I qualified for testing iPhone 7; however, it is asking for $2.00, is this legit or a hoax?

thanks

tina

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 2:49 PM

24 replies

Sep 2, 2015 8:38 AM in response to kinsola

All websites can (and must) capture your IP address and your device/browser "User Agent" string [ mine is' Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 TenFourFox/G3' ]

If you navigated to the survey page from a link in an email, the URL could have parameters appended (all those letters and numbers that make no sense to us) that could tell them that they have reached a valid email address. These folks may not be that sophisticated - it is too easy to pick the low hanging fruit of the gullible.

I would not worry if you did not enter any personal info on any page you visited - taking the survey tells the nothing they didn't already know.

Apple.com lucky winner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.