Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!!! My ipod classic is acting weird!

It just happened two days ago where it decided to start the song at 30 seconds of the song, playing for 2 minutes out of a 5 minute song before moving on to next song, starting at 30 seconds of the song again! it repeated over and over... crazy! Never happened to me until now. My Ipod classic 160 GB has been with me for like 4 years and no problems at all. Yep, seriously!

I already looked all over the support site, finding the tips or help or advice for what to do to resolve the situation. nothing came up to match my problem. dang! Hopefully one of you guys know what i am talking about... my itunes in my imac playing the songs beautifully and no starting at 30 seconds at all...

think that it has something to do with my car stereo? it has no problem playing my ipod for a year and half until now... what is going on? help!

thanks for your help on this and appreciate it!

rock on!

Mike

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 3:51 PM

6 replies

Jul 17, 2015 2:05 PM in response to turingtest2

Hey and thanks for the tips and all.. here is the list.

Retracts: 61

Reallocs: 0

Pending Sectors: 0

PowerOn Hours: 2112

Start/Stops: 31727

Temp: Current 31c

Temp: Min 51c

Temp: Max 244c

what does it mean? i tried to play it this morning but the songs keep starting at 30 seconds of the song then end in 2 mins before jumping to next song, doing the same thing all over again. so what gives? meaning my ipod decided to burn itself into a grave or what? ha!

thanks for everything and all!

Jul 17, 2015 2:26 PM in response to Kalrawk07

Well apart from the high temp. the stats are OK so if you're lucky it means the database on the device is all messed up, but if you restore it then it might be all right. Try the DFU restore method given in the linked post. I assume all the media is in your library, but if not read the first section. Depending on the level of corruption file recovery from the device might not be possible.

tt2

Jul 17, 2015 4:58 PM in response to turingtest2

Just tried that and restored it twice but i doubt that it will solve the issue... i tried my other ipod to see if they do the same thing and it sure did! crazy...

right now, i am wiping the ipod's data for once of all... i have a feeling that my car stereo have gone crazy... will look into that soon...

thanks for all your help on this.

Mike

Jul 17, 2015 6:44 PM in response to Kalrawk07

let you know that the ipods seem to be okay. i believe that my pioneer car stereo is the problem that may cause to play songs from 30 seconds to end in a few minutes before going to next song, doing the same pattern...

tried to erase the ipod but it won't erase the data.... odd.

anyways, thanks again for your help and appreciate it.

HELP!!! My ipod classic is acting weird!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.