Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to join wifi network or wrong password on ios 8.4

HI all, i m here to post my question to your attention.

i've an iPhone 5 and I'm noticing some problem with wifi. In particular my phone connects correctly to wifi modems when it is close to the modem, i mean about 3/4 metres. BUT, the iphone cant connect properly ro rhe wifi network when it s far from the mode, something like 5 or more metres. i have to say that the phone shows the networks at the maximum power signal. But when im far from the modem and i try to connect to the wifi modem, i had these error mesages: "unable to join to xxxxxxx" or "wrong password". I type the correct password, and even if i ssr my modem without an encryption, my phone doesnt connect it if far away... I have another iphone ane it connects correctly. I resetted my phone in dfu mode like a new phone, resetted the modem too, changed my wifi antenna into my iphone, nothing works.. This fault occurree some days after i upgrades to 8.4 ios. Anyone with my problem? Could it be ic wifi chip? My bluetooth works okay. Thanks in advsnce

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 3:47 PM

5 replies

Jul 28, 2015 3:48 PM in response to Hans.Zuzunaga

Havent found a solution yet, mate.

I'M searchimg some infos about, what i know is that it's not a software problem. It's a problem of ic wifi chip on motherboard. It's located in the top-right of the m-board. the chip is good, but some soldering has to be "jumped", this makes our wifi works bad. Havent found anyone to solve my problem as technician. The only solution, temporarily, is to heat the wifi chip, with the reflow method. But i dont want to burn my phone.

ps. Im experiencing a huge battery drain too. I left my phone in the night at 60% in aeroplane mode and wifi deactivated, and when i get up the phone is about at 35% of battery. This sounds crazy...

Unable to join wifi network or wrong password on ios 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.