Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported photos not appearing in "Photos" tab

The problem started a few days ago. Whenever I import a new photo or photos, they do not appear in the main "Photos" tab of the OS X Photos app. I know they have been imported because they do appear in Albums > All Photos. They are not hidden.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2015 6:02 PM

right click on one and show moment - chances are yu are just looking in the wrong place due to a camera time error or other strange setting

Basically everything in all Photos is also in Photos

You can try backing up your Photos library and launching Photos while holding down the option and command keys - repair your database (this may trigger a complete check of your iCloud Photo Library)

LN

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2015 6:02 PM in response to samelot

right click on one and show moment - chances are yu are just looking in the wrong place due to a camera time error or other strange setting

Basically everything in all Photos is also in Photos

You can try backing up your Photos library and launching Photos while holding down the option and command keys - repair your database (this may trigger a complete check of your iCloud Photo Library)

LN

Jul 16, 2015 6:08 PM in response to LarryHN

I should have mentioned: Show in Moment does not work on these. It simply jumps to the last moment I had been viewing in the Photos tab. It does not show the relevant photo.

Thank you for the repair suggestion --- I did not know that was possible, and will reply again if it works.

Edit: the repair worked, thank you!!

Imported photos not appearing in "Photos" tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.