Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ran diagnostic on ipod nano no sync availability

my ipod nano is recognized in I tunes but when I ran diagnostic it says not found under sync. how do I fix this

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 9:50 AM

3 replies

Jul 19, 2015 8:56 AM in response to marmy1971

Hi marmy1971,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like the iPod is recognized in iTunes but you received an error when running a diagnostic. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

iPod nano (7th generation): Hardware troubleshooting - Apple Support

Try connecting to a different USB port on your computer. Your computer needs a USB 2.0 port or a USB 3.0 port to connect iPod nano. If you have a Windows PC that doesn't have a USB 2.0 port, in some cases you can purchase and install a USB 2.0 card.

• If iPod nano is connected to a USB hub, try connecting iPod nano directly to your computer's USB port.
  • iPod nano might need to be reset. Reset iPod by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until you see the Apple logo appear.
  • If you're connecting iPod nano to a portable computer using the Lightning Cable, connect the computer to a power outlet before connecting iPod nano.
  • Check the cable connections. Disconnect the cable at both ends and make sure no foreign objects are in the USB ports. Then reconnect the cable.
  • Try reinserting the Lightning connector into the iPod. The Lightning connector can be inserted either way.
  • Try restarting your computer.

If none of these steps resolves the issue, you might need to restore the iPod nano software.

Cheers

ran diagnostic on ipod nano no sync availability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.