Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to itunes v 12.2.1.16 - problems!

I have updated to the above iTunes version and now have lost all of my playlists, have duplicates of most songs, cannot sign in ti iTunes, therefore cannot connect to iTunes store.

Have reset Host file, have confirmed Apple ID - I'm here!

Anyone know if this is a "bug"? I'm running Windows 8 and all other apps connect OK. iTunes shows "Accessing iTunes Store" at the top of the screen but eventually times out saying there is a problem with iTunes store, please try later -50.

Any advice please

iPod classic

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 9:22 AM

2 replies

Jul 19, 2015 8:41 AM in response to RonBware

Hi RonBware,

If I understand correctly there are two issues here. One, you are seeing duplicates in your iTunes library and two, you are unable to connect to the iTunes Store with this error 50. For the first issue, this article should help you get rid of the duplicates:

Find and remove duplicate items in your iTunes library

And as for the error 50 you are getting, It looks like there is an article specifically for that code here:

iTunes: Possible iTunes Store errors

Error or alert message Solution
"There was an error downloading your purchased music. An unknown error occurred (-50)." iTunes Store: Error (-50) when downloading purchased content

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Jul 19, 2015 3:11 PM in response to sterling r

Thanks for the response. I've sorted the "duplicates" issue, just had to spend 30 mins or so deleting them individually! now there's an opportunity for an update!

Still lost all of my Playlists so will need to rebuild them at some point.

The access to iTunes store is still an issue. I try to connect and nothing happens, I just see "Accessing iTunes Store . . " at the top of the screen and it eventually times out which is when the error appears, nothing to do with downloads though, just says something like "an error has occurred with iTunes Store, please try later (-50)"

I've removed iTunes & associated programs (in the correct order) and have re-installed the latest version but the problem still exists. Have to say I'm not at all impressed with Vers 12.2 - especially the access issue, the playlists issue, the duplicates issue and the revised layout which is dreadful. Also all of my "cover art" has to be obtained again, and to do that I need to log-in to iTunes Store, and I can't do that.

My opinion of this update is - it's awful, absolutely awful!

After updating to itunes v 12.2.1.16 - problems!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.