Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular data is not working

my iphone 5s 3g cellular data is on but i can only make a massage and a call,no data loaded, i can open itunes store, app store, safari but nothing loaded.

help, i have no more idea to fix this

sorry for bad english

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 12:08 PM

3 replies

Jul 19, 2015 11:57 AM in response to tikoaqsaalif

Hello tikoaqsaalif,

It sounds like you can connect to your cellular data service but nothing seems to load when you try to access anything that uses the internet. I would use these troubleshooting steps from the following article to help you troubleshoot that:

If you can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data

1. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Check for a Carrier Settings Update.
  3. Remove the SIM card then reinsert it. If the SIM card is damaged, worn, or bent, or doesn't fit in the SIM tray, contact your carrier.
  4. Try another location. If possible, see if other devices are able to connect to your carrier's network in that location.
  5. Contact your carrier to:
    • Verify that your account is active and in good standing.
    • Make sure there are no outages in your area.
    • Check that your device is not blocked from receiving cellular services and set up with the right data plan.
  6. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS.

If you still can't connect to a cellular network, and have confirmed with your carrier that there isn't an issue with your account or network, try restoring your device.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Jul 20, 2015 12:10 PM in response to tikoaqsaalif

Thanks for the update! I suppose it could potentially be a hardware issue, but before I can say for sure, I need you to be sure that when you restored your phone you did not restore from a backup. If you did that could potentially restore the same issue back to the phone. If after you restored with the link above you did not restore from a backup:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Then your phone may need service:

iPhone Other Repair Options

Cellular data is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.