Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I plug in a photo flash card without having Photos start?

When I plug in a flash card, Photos automatically starts up and wants to import all 2,000 photos on the card, whereas I only want to see what's on it without waiting for Photos to thumbnail all of those pictures. Untimately, I will end up importing one or two, not all 2000. Is there a way to have Photos NOT start when I put in the card so I can NOT wait for it to finish? I want to be able to start Photos manually when I am actually ready to import.

iPhone 5s, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Mac Os

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 11:57 AM

6 replies

Jul 29, 2015 11:52 AM in response to scattermonger

insert the card and while is is inserted and Photos is running uncheck the box on the top left to Open Photos when this device is connected

You may have to repeat in Image Capture when you can set nothing to open or a program of you choice - and this must be repeated for each separate device

You also can tell Apply you would like a system wide preference to do this so you do not have to do it for each device - https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

LN

How can I plug in a photo flash card without having Photos start?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.