Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan download stuck "waiting"

Hi. I am trying to get El Capitan beta to download on my MacBook Pro. I successfully redeemed the beta code but noticed that the download had not completed. I opened the "Purchases" section of the AppStore, and see that the El Capitan Public Beta is stuck "waiting", and has been for over a week. My MBP has been plugged-in to the power adapter the whole time.

Anyone found a remedy for this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 1:52 PM

go to store, and click on "check for unfinished downloads" thats how i fixed it for me

16 replies

Oct 6, 2015 11:18 AM in response to richardfromsnoqualmie

I had the same problem as well, on the App Store where you find OS X EL CAPITAN, simply press on the X, but at first stop downloading, you can stop downloading it by going to the Launchpad, click on OS X ELCAPITAN, then it will start shaking. then delete it. So, as i was saying, press on the X button, so instead of DOWNLOAD, it will show GET, so click on GET and your download will start from the beginning, I just fixed it yay!

Oct 6, 2015 12:13 PM in response to richardfromsnoqualmie

I tried all of those helpful tricks and none of them worked for me on my Macbook. I finally turned off the WiFi and hard wired it to the network (using a network adapter) and it suddenly began to download just fine. Even though while on wireless I could surf the web just fine and access servers. Once I Hard wired the MacBook it downloaded and installed just fine.

Hope this helps someone.

Dec 4, 2015 10:41 AM in response to richardfromsnoqualmie

I had this same problem for over a day with the icon in the dock saying "waiting". Doing "check for unfinished downloads" did nothing. Clicking Download in the Purchased area of the App store (Mac OS X 10.6.8) looked like it was doing something, but did nothing after a few seconds.

I finally right-clicked the OSX El Capitan icon in the dock, clicked Pause, then it showed Paused instead of Waiting. I right clicked it again and clicked Resume and now it shows "Downloading".

So, I know from experience doing this on other Macs (3-4 of them) that it's about 6-7gb, but hopefully the fact that it shows "Downloading" means this is fixed and I should be able to install later today or tomorrow.

Aug 17, 2016 6:55 AM in response to richardfromsnoqualmie

Had this problem too, tried uninstall any antivirus available, delete app store plists in the library, sign out-in to the app store without any result and finally boot the Mac on safe mode and..... it did start the download without any issue, right now its giving 3 hours estimated time, I guess its my internet speed. crossing my fingers

hope this will help someone there!!!🙂

El Capitan download stuck "waiting"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.