Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Roll Videos Saved from Snapchat Won't Play

Hello. As I said in the description, my videos saved from Snapchat will no longer play. Instead, a loading wheel constantly spins with no end. It seems to be somehwat random though, because some of my videos from Snapchat do work. It's just that most of them do not. And it doesn't seem to be that only certain videos from before or after a certain date work either. There are working and non-working strewn throughout my videos collection in my camera roll. Is there any way to fix this? I've looked through the site and nobody has been able to give an answer as to what's been happening. People keep trying to restore their phone and other solutions but nothing seems to work. Please help!

iPhone 5s ios 8.4

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2015 3:45 AM

This problem has been affecting me since March, every so often there will be a certain video I've saved from snapchat that decides it doesn't want to work anymore. Very annoying as they were saved for a reason. Is there still no solution to this?

7 replies

Aug 17, 2015 9:58 PM in response to JaredS11

Any photos or videos that you have in Camera Roll can be copied to a computer. Assuming you have a PC, try this. Connect your phone lo the pc with the charging/usb cable. Open the Windows File Manager / Explorer and your phone will appear under Devices as a folder. Open up all the subfolders under your phone and look for a folder named DCMI (there may be more than one). Find your videos and copy them to the computer and then see if you can open them there. If you are able to play them on the computer then there is nothing wrong with the videos and the problem is with the phone. If you cannot play them on the computer then the videos somehow got corrupted.

If the issue is with the phone try a hard reboot first. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything but this is not likely to fix it. Worth a shot... There are several types or reset/restore that can be attempted but try the above first. Another idea is to contact Snapchat and see if they have a suggestion.

Sep 1, 2016 12:44 PM in response to dayana.ak

Thank you for posting this!!! I transferred my snaps from my iPhone 6s to my pc (not mac) and hardly any of them would show the video. The audio would play but no video. (windows media player) I was super frustrated until I downloaded the VLC media player and it worked like a charm! I'm even going to donate to them for providing such a great free service. Thanks again.

J

Camera Roll Videos Saved from Snapchat Won't Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.