Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screensaver photos on apple tv / share photos from iphoto

Hi,

This is more of a rant unless anyone can tell me how to do this. I have 4600 photos from my travels which I have made low quality (total space taken by all photos is approx 800MB). I want to use them as the screen saver on apple TV via icloud sharing. I am aware (now) that there is a 1000 photo upload limit per hour to share as on an icloud stream but it's almost impossible to get all photos added to one new stream. How do I do this?

I have tried:

1. Selecting all photos in iphoto - clicking add to - choosing icloud and then the stream I want (a new empty one)

This fails as when it hits the upload limit AND no photos ever get uploaded again. If I try to re-add it tells me I've hit the stream limit (5000) when only approx 1000 photos are in it.

2. Adding photos in chunks of approx 800 - clicking add to - choosing icloud and then the stream I want (a new empty one at the start)

This seems to work but if *anything* happens to interrupt the upload (power saving, internet connection issue) then it never restarts and I have no clue which photos were added and which weren't. If I re-select the last chunk and use the same process is creates duplicates.

This all seems wrong. I understand upload limits but it should at least upload the remaining files later.

Is this a bug in iphoto / icloud? Is it possible to share this many photos?

macbook 2.2ghz white, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jul 17, 2015 7:11 PM

3 replies

Jul 18, 2015 10:26 PM in response to Eric Root

Unfortunatley neither of these links help.

I think the photo stream believes the photos are included but they aren't visible and the count effectively says they are not there. If I re-add the photos nothing happens - they don't ever appear in the photo stream. My current test is 1200 photos and I'm missing about 42 of them. 😟 Does anyone know how to get these missing photos uploaded? Guessing its a sharing bug!

screensaver photos on apple tv / share photos from iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.