Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook crashing during login

User uploaded fileMy Macbook keeps crashing while loging in, or even before I enter my password to log in. Sometimes it comes up with the writing on the screen as per the app ached photo, but often doesn't even get that far.

It started when I was transferring some files via LAN and the transfer froze, so I tried to cancel it, but then it wouldn't cancel, so I relaunched Finder via the 'force quit' menu.

Could somebody please tell me what I could do to stop this happening and resume using the computer? I have many files that have not yet been backed up.

It is a mid 2013 MacBook Pro:

• Processor: Intel Core i7
  • Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
  • Number of Cores: 4
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Video Memory:
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
  • Video Memory: 512 MB

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue!

Reinaldo

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 3:41 AM

Try to boot into the recovery partition. From the 4 option menu select Disk Utility. Run Disk Utility>First Aid.

Ciao.

3 replies

Aug 5, 2015 1:01 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

OK, for whatever reason the computer completely froze when installing the OS, and was unresponsive even after leaving it for over 24 hours.

I crashed it by holding down the power button and ever since that everything seems to working perfectly fine, which is about two weeks now.

Still unclear what the issue was, as all my files and settings have been left untouched.

Thanks again for your suggestion, though.

Reinaldo

MacBook crashing during login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.