Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While browsing the internet my iMac froze and I had to turn off the mains. It restarted but shortly after did it again. After turning off from the mains and restarting again I had a blank screen and a flashing folder icon contains a ?.

While browsing the Internet my iMac froze. I had to shut down by turning off at the mains. After a short while I was able to restart. It then happened again but this time after switching on I only got as far as a blank screen with a flashing folder icon containimg a question mark. This is now as far as I get after meant attempts to restart.

iMac (20-inch Early 2008)

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 1:30 AM

There are no replies.

While browsing the internet my iMac froze and I had to turn off the mains. It restarted but shortly after did it again. After turning off from the mains and restarting again I had a blank screen and a flashing folder icon contains a ?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.