Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro 2008 dual quad core 2.8Ghz.

HI All

my first post to this forum in 7 years of owning my mac. I recently upgraded the Boot disk to a PCIe SSD and cloned my previous HD drive to it. Once completed I set the boot to the SSD and restarted it. Once completed I added a PCIe USB3 card and attached an external SSD (did this to give me a better throughput than the internal caddy can offer). This external SSD houses my projects and audio / WAV files for my projects.

Since this upgrade to what has been a fantastic MAC my bluetooth mouse has become very sluggish which is really starting to annoy me. I have re-installed it etc and searched online for an answer but unable to find someone that has had the same issue.

Can anyone please help me before I re-enable my old HD disk as the boot drive.

Regards

Lee

(manchester UK)

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 8:45 AM

3 replies

Jul 18, 2015 10:06 AM in response to BDAqua

I had a feeling it might be the USB interface from Broadcom which the bluetooth uses, and somehow the connection being interfered with. Im wondering is there a way to use external bluetooth connected to the USB3 card therefore bypassing the old bluetooth and giving my a much better connection through the new card?

in the meantime as a work round I have reverted to 'hard wired' usb connected HP mouse as PC World no longer supply the old style mouse.

MacPro 2008 dual quad core 2.8Ghz.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.