Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big purple lines and one white line on my screen every 5min

HI, everytime i try to edit photos in photoshop my screen freezes and displays purple lines. Its 2012 model. I read in other discussions that switching off in energy settings the graphic card switch helps. I tried that, thought it did the trick, but 15 min later it happened again. it only happens when i open graphic software and do a lot of photo editing. If anyone has any input i will appreciate. Thank you

User uploaded file

Macbook pro

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 12:04 PM

6 replies

Jul 18, 2015 1:00 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

Yes. I think so. Its a mid-2012 model. However the last time i went to apple store they ran theirs diagnostics and said that they dont see any errors or what not. But clearly it has major one. I cant get any work done(((( i am thinking on going to store again today And see what they will say this time. Thanks

Jul 19, 2015 3:07 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

No luck(( My mac book passed all the tests and my particular model is not under extended repair program either. They told me I can pay $300 flat rate and they will fix whatever needs to be fixed. That's not that bad I guess, but I am not sure whats causing this. If its not hardware issue and macbook passed all the tests than I should be able to fix it without hardware repair. One choice i guess is to reinstall OS and see if the issue still there... ?

Aug 3, 2015 4:15 PM in response to 4gra

Hi. Not sure if anyone still reads this post, but I wanted to update on this issue I have and see if that will help anyone to give me more feedback. When my macbook pro display crashes and displays purple lines, the system itself keeps on going. In fact, when I connect external display everything works fine. So does it mean that something wrong with my graphic card? Also it seems like it happens more often on a hot days. Like the other day it was humid inside and my laptop started doing that within first 5 min. and non stop after that. I have a feeling that overheating might have something to do with it as well.

Big purple lines and one white line on my screen every 5min

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.