Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing single tracks displayed as albums

Hi
I guess that like everyone, I have a heap of albums in iTunes - but also have a lot of singles.
I just find it misleading that the singles display as albums with one track, and I'm wondering if there is a way to control this. I know I can probably create a fictitious album (like "My Singles Bin") and assign all the single tracks on it - but I don't really want to lose the original album name from the single's metadata.

Is there a way to tell iTunes not to display a single as an album?
(Hope I'm making myself clear! :-)

Cheers

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 9:29 AM

There's no built-in way to do this - iTunes works on the principle that every song is part of exactly one album. You can, though, use playlists to partition your library between albums and singles:

• create a regular playlist called "Singles"
  • add all the songs that you classify as singles to this playlist
  • create a smart playlist called "Albums", with the following rules:
    • Playlist is Music
    • Playlist is not Singles

The "Albums" playlist will then show only the content of your library that you don't classify as singles.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2015 9:29 AM in response to griffin51

There's no built-in way to do this - iTunes works on the principle that every song is part of exactly one album. You can, though, use playlists to partition your library between albums and singles:

• create a regular playlist called "Singles"
  • add all the songs that you classify as singles to this playlist
  • create a smart playlist called "Albums", with the following rules:
    • Playlist is Music
    • Playlist is not Singles

The "Albums" playlist will then show only the content of your library that you don't classify as singles.

Managing single tracks displayed as albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.