Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EarPods not working on 3rd gen iPod shuffle

My new EarPods are not functioning well with my 3rd gen iPod shuffle, I ain't able to use the controls on my EarPods to change music or increase volume ,ect.

Is this normal and should I switch back to my regular earphones or is there any way to troubleshoot this issue?

iPod shuffle (3rd Generation), Windows 8

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 10:48 AM

Hi GIMMY GEORGE,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to use your Apple EarPods with your iPod shuffle (3rd generation), but they are not working as you would expect. It does not appear that the Apple EarPods are compatible with that model iPod. For more information, please refer to the iPod chart in the attached article.

Compatibility of Apple wired headset models with iPhone, iPad, and iPod models - Apple Support

Best regards

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2015 10:48 AM in response to GIMMY GEORGE

Hi GIMMY GEORGE,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to use your Apple EarPods with your iPod shuffle (3rd generation), but they are not working as you would expect. It does not appear that the Apple EarPods are compatible with that model iPod. For more information, please refer to the iPod chart in the attached article.

Compatibility of Apple wired headset models with iPhone, iPad, and iPod models - Apple Support

Best regards

EarPods not working on 3rd gen iPod shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.