Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The network connection timed out."

I'm just listening to music on iTunes, working in Illustrator, and this message keeps popping up. I'm making no such request to connect to the iTunes store. Internet seems to be working just fine. Any ideas?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 10:40 AM

12 replies

Aug 14, 2015 2:55 PM in response to nosquaretospare

I have this coming up randomly too. Mostly when I'm not actually doing anything at all with iTunes that I'm aware of! I'm assuming it's checking itself for updates or something, but as my internet connection is working just fine, I'm confused why it's throwing up random errors like this! I have latest iTunes and OS, my iPhone (which is sometimes connected to sync/charge, sometimes not) has been updated, everything is running latest versions. It's been happening for a while, but I'm not sure just how long.

Sep 14, 2015 12:41 PM in response to why1040

I am experiencing the same thing with my new 12" MacBook. Just started the past couple days - basically, every time I wake up my MacBook, I have the message "we could not complete your itunes store request. the network connection timed out." The computer was asleep, so what was it even trying to do? When I launch iTunes, it seems fine, can go to store OK. It's just annoying having that error message pop up so much.

I should not that I just replaced my Apple AirPort Express with a new AirPort TimeCapsule. The new errors do coincide with that.

Sep 26, 2015 5:21 PM in response to nosquaretospare

I just received my new iPhone 6S and immediately after switching to this phone I started getting this annoying notification as well. It has been driving me insane, I can't even describe how irritating it has been to get this notification every couple of minutes. I hope someone at Apple takes notice of this thread and issue soon. I want to throw my phone in the toilet, it is that maddening.

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The network connection timed out."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.