Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Wireless Keyboard, Drivers issue

I'm having issues with my mac wireless keyboard on Windows 10. Before it ran flawlessly but it seems that the last build and the finalized build got rid of the drivers for it. It's a wireless bluetooth keyboard. I can still use it but certain things just flat out don't work like the volume control buttons and brightness buttons as well as the ability to press more than 3 keys (it doesn't work for some games). In the device manager it shows up as a HID Bluetooth device that has failed. I did a hardware check and it seems to be operating fine.

I've reinstalled Windows 10 before, as well as repairing the Apple bootcamp drivers.

I didn't have this issue before, and it seems like Windows 10 absolutely hates the drivers for Apple provides for it.

I'm using an iMac 5k.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), null

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 12:29 PM

10 replies

Jul 18, 2015 2:02 PM in response to Loner T

Yes. At one point my system started to restart when I went into windows hence, me doing the "reset" option for Windows to wipe the system clean because it looked like I messed something up.

Does it make a difference if I have Windows 8.1 on the USB when I add drivers? At one point I connected a Windows 8.1 ISO to my USB drive and told Bootcamp to give me drivers as well. I just assumed they'll give me new drivers, or just the same.

By the way, thank you for being helpful Loner T. I wish bootcamp would update it's stuff so we'd stop pestering you.

Jul 18, 2015 2:58 PM in response to anaoshak

If you use BCA to download Windows 8.1 64-bit drivers to a USB2 flash drive, then boot W10, and run the setup.exe from Bootcamp folder and report any errors you may see.

anaoshak wrote:

I wish bootcamp would update it's stuff so we'd stop pestering you.

How will any vendor make money if they delivered perfect software? It is not in the interest of the industry to deliver perfect software. How can a doctor want you to be 100% healthy and fit? The doctor will be out of a job and a revenue stream. 😉

Jul 18, 2015 3:02 PM in response to Loner T

I've already done that, that was done during my last attempt. It loads the drivers EXCEPT the HID blue tooth ones (keyboard I assume?).

Should I try making Windows 7 my ISO and asking BCA to create drivers with that? I've done the before, but I'm will trying to try it again unless BCA gives me drivers no matter what version it is.

Right now the bootcamp xml says

<ProductVersion>5.1.5769</ProductVersion>

Aug 3, 2015 8:05 PM in response to Loner T

I've tried installing the specific driver using the executable file. It seems to install something but when I try to use the volume keys on the keyboard again it doesn't work. I've went into the device manager and under keyboards it looks like its using a generic Windows keyboard drive. When I go in to update the driver and try to select "KeyMagic64.inf" it tells me, "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems".

I have the 64-bit version of Windows 10 installed on my Mac Mini. My guess is that the Apple drivers need to be updated to work with Win 10. Hoping Apple provides a fix. Aside from the driver issue, the Mac Mini handles Windows 10 like a champ~

Mac Wireless Keyboard, Drivers issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.