Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5th generation iPod nano keeps restarting every time I press the Center Button. Can I rectify this on my own or do I need to submit it for repair?

Please help me to determine the best course of action. I do not want to have to spend a lot of money on replacing an iPod.

iPod nano

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 1:07 PM

1 reply

Jul 20, 2015 12:08 PM in response to water4soul

Hello water4soul,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPod nano (5th generation) restarts unexpectedly when you press the center button.

Try restoring the iPod to factory settings using the steps in Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

If the same thing happens after restoring, or the iPod can't be restored, it may need service. See the iPod Service Answer Center for help with the process and more information on topics like warranty and service pricing, battery replacement, and express replacement service.

Best Regards.

My 5th generation iPod nano keeps restarting every time I press the Center Button. Can I rectify this on my own or do I need to submit it for repair?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.