Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time shifting bug UK

This morning I woke up and looked at my phone, it said 10:09pm friday 17th july. but i double checked my ipad to find out it was 04:38am saturday 18th july. i found this really strange, so tried to manually set the time.

i thought I had fixed it, but then it kept jumping. There is no set time it changes to, but the time is never correct. Sometimes it goes forward and sometimes back.

I Contacted Apple support, after 2 hours of updates and checks, while talking on my partners I phone, going through mine, chatting on my iPad to Apple support, and having Apple access my laptop. That's 4 separate devices to try and resolve 1 issue, we thought it was fixed. Well it wasn't.

I Then went into my local carrier store, who then did a network reset, and still couldn't figure it out. I went to the local apple Store, they hadn't heard of anything like this, and told me to contact Apple support again.

SO after trying for 5 hours, I. Went home and again contacted Apple support. I was transferred through to several people, again made to do reboots, installs and a factory reboot on my phone. finally a manager came on the phone, all very confused, not come across this error, he has passed it onto the engineers who will contact me next week.

SO both Apple and sure cable and wireless my carrier are blaming each other. Still no resolution and a phone that can't tell an accurate time, nor can it connect to my wifi.

WEll after 5 minutes of googling after time change and wifi issues on the I phone 5 I have found several arrivals regarding the "time shifting bug" on I phone 5's. I believe this is what is happening to my phone, but most complaints seem to be in the US.

WHat do I do next? Who can fix this phone? Who is to blame? Does my phone have a bug?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 12:52 PM

You follow basic troubleshooting for the iOS installation

Restart

Reset

finally Restore ,as new check if function is now correct if so restore your backup

if the issue returns after restoring the back up then the issue is within your backup

You will then have to Restore as new again and re-build without the backup

if the issue exists after the basic first restore as new it may need a trip to the apple store genius bar as it would indicate a hardware issue

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2015 12:52 PM in response to Sophiestreeter

You follow basic troubleshooting for the iOS installation

Restart

Reset

finally Restore ,as new check if function is now correct if so restore your backup

if the issue returns after restoring the back up then the issue is within your backup

You will then have to Restore as new again and re-build without the backup

if the issue exists after the basic first restore as new it may need a trip to the apple store genius bar as it would indicate a hardware issue

Jul 18, 2015 1:32 PM in response to wegras

After 7 hours in the store and on the phone apparently this is something they have never come across before. I have done all the above as stated, and still no luck. Have not been able to come up with a solution to this problem. my local Apple Store were not able to do anything and advised me to call support, who have escalated this issue higher.

Jul 19, 2015 4:55 AM in response to Sophiestreeter

Checking ,

you restored as new,as if new out of the box, and the iPhone still showed the wrong time ,it is most likely a hardware issue and your only choice is to live with it or get an Out of Warranty exchange device from Apple

You can send in for service by starting here

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/repair/

or Southampton have an Apple Store in West Quay if you ever come to the Mainland or if a friend etc could handle for you

see here for prices

Out-of-Warranty Service

If you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for out-of-warranty (OOW) service, Apple will service your iPhone for the out-of-warranty service fee listed below.

Please note out-of-warranty repair service fees from your carrier may be different than those listed below.

Model Out-of-warranty service fee
iPhone 6 Plus £ 266.44
iPhone 6 £ 236.44
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c,
iPhone 5
£ 206.44
iPhone 4s £ 166.44
iPhone 4 £ 126.44

The out-of-warranty service fee includes a £ 7.44 shipping fee, which applies only if service is arranged through Apple and requires shipping. All fees are in British pound sterling and include VAT. iPhone out-of-warranty service may also be available from your wireless carrier. Pricing may vary.

When setting up out-of-warranty service, Apple will request credit card pre-authorization for the maximum service fee listed above. This amount will be deducted from your credit limit. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing and may be less than the service fee listed above.

Certain damage is ineligible for out-of-warranty service, including catastrophic damage, suc

Time shifting bug UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.