Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting pics from iphone

how do i delete photos from iphone that were synced from my computer? I already plugged phone into itunes and unclicked "sync photos from my pictures" clicked applied but the picutures are still on my iphone please help!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 1:01 PM

See the instructions below from: Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

If steps 1 through 4 don't do it, try the method in the link in the last line.

Delete synced photos

1. In iTunes, locate and click on your device.
  2. Click Photos.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2015 1:01 PM in response to cmwills

See the instructions below from: Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

If steps 1 through 4 don't do it, try the method in the link in the last line.

Delete synced photos

1. In iTunes, locate and click on your device.
  2. Click Photos.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

Apr 14, 2016 12:22 PM in response to Kristy626

Kristy626 wrote:

Help!?

When i complete step 2, step 3 isn't an option anymore? ive been trying to figure it out for months! 😠User uploaded file

any advice is appreciated!

TIA

-Kristy

It isn't an option because you have iCloud Photo Library turned on (as stated in the screen shot you provided). With iCloud Photo Library on, there cannot be any iTunes synced photos on the phone and you cannot add any new ones to the phone by syncing from iTunes. iCloud Photo Library and iTunes sync are mutually exclusive. As soon as you turned on iCloud Photo Library on the phone, it gave you a warning and then deleted any photos that were on the phone from an iTunes sync.

You may want to start a new thread stating what it is that you are trying to do.

deleting pics from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.