Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Good Are These Compressor Outputs?

Hi,

There is an setting in Compressor to create separate blu-ray audio and video streams, yet I have not found any authoring software on either the mac side or windows side that accept these streams. In fact, I have not found ANYTHING on the mac side that rivals DVDSP and has full support for blu-ray authoring including custom menus like DVDSP. You could just drag and drop compressor's DVD elementary streams into it with no fuss. Not so sure about the windows side but I've been looking for at least a week.

Without getting into the protracted arguments about near demise of optical media, it would have been nice if Apple had retooled DVDSP for blu-ray. It was so tightly integrated with Final Cut Studio products.

I know I can burn directly to blu-ray from FCPX, but menu options are very limited and not customizable, nor can you make your own to add to the list.

So, I guess my question is what software is there that can utilize these streams and allow me to create fully customizable menus?

TIA,

James

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 1:36 PM

5 replies

Jul 18, 2015 3:05 PM in response to Russ H

I have Toast 11 and you can of course import these streams. But there is only one menu available with only a couple of options, and you can't hear the audio from a DD stream. Not very useful.

As far as Encore goes (as I understand the situation), it is no longer available for download, and Adobe has stopped developing it. I have heard you can still get it in CS6 CC, but I have no interest in leasing programs, ever.

Jul 18, 2015 3:25 PM in response to J Harvey

You asked a question about authoring apps that would accept those streams, which I answered,

That you don''t like subscriptions and don't like Toast menus is literally beside the point. There are no other viable alternatives that are Mac compatible and that are superior.

Perhaps you shouldn't be using Compressor,

Perhaps you need a Windows solution like the Sony apps.

Ruiss

Jul 18, 2015 3:49 PM in response to Russ H

I understand your point, which was helpful, and I'm all too happy to look at windows products that will do what I'd like, more or less.

Compressor is a great product - I'm not knocking it. I'm just disappointed that Apple dropped DVDSP like a hot potato when the bluray/hddvd war was over, whatever their reason(s) were. When paired with compressor there was nothing like it.

I will have a look at Sony's products. Thank you.

What Good Are These Compressor Outputs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.