Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install airport utility into yosemite?

I can't install airport utility onto my HD, because I get a message saying Airport utility can't be installed on this disk. the version of Mac OS X (yosemite) on this volume, is not supported?

Can anyone out there help me?

thanks,

steve

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 3:17 PM

Airport Utility is pre installed with Yosemite.

Go to: Applications > Utilities

It should be in the Utilities folder.

If it's not in the Utilities folder, use Spotlight search > Mac Basics: Spotlight

6 replies

Jul 18, 2015 3:33 PM in response to sdinvancouverbc

If you have an older version of the AirPort Extreme (round) or AirPort Express models A1084 or A1088, these older AirPorts are not supported with newer Mac operating systems.

You will need to use....or borrow....a Mac running Leopard (10.5.x), Snow Leopard (10.6.x) or a PC with AirPort Utility installed on the computer to be able to set up and administer the older AirPort model(s) that you might have.

Jul 18, 2015 5:24 PM in response to sdinvancouverbc

Your original post started off saying that you could not install AirPort Utility on your Mac running Yosemite......and Carolyn pointed out that AirPort Utility was already installed on your Mac.....since it is part of the Yosemite operating system.

So, that is not really the issue at all, correct?

The real issue is that you are having difficulty with a Time Capsule, correct? What troubleshooting steps have you performed on the Time Capsule? Is there any other information that you have that you have not told us about before?

Jul 18, 2015 6:17 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks Bob,

I was researching, and solved the problem of my time capsule not being recognized after I installed Yosemite, by pulling out the power cord to it, for ten seconds, then putting it back in. That seemed to work, and no need for me to take things any further.

First time I've used the forum, want to thank both you Bob, and Carolyn........thank you both!!!!!

steve

Can't install airport utility into yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.