Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4. artist list confusion

I have two questions I'm trying to get answered re: the iOS 8.4. iTunes artist list.

1. For some artists the only songs I own are songs that are part of compilations. In this case, these artists do not show up in the "Artists" view in iTunes in iOS 8.4. Is there a way to change this?
  2. Similarly, in cases where I have multiple songs from an artist but some of those songs are part of a compilation, the artist's songs in the compilations do not show up in the lists of songs for that artist in the "Artists" view. How do I change this?

Thanks,

JK

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 3:51 PM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 11:14 AM in response to jkizer

Same issue here... I own a significant amount of compilation CD's. In iTunes, I set the Album Artist to "Various Artists", toggle the compilation check box and then use the Song Artist field to type in the name of the singer/group etc. In the latest Music App w/ iOS 8.4, when attempting to search by artist, or even scroll through all the particular songs of an artist, these tracks no longer appear listed. It appears that the Music app is only using the Album Artist field and not the Song Artist field any longer.

iOS 8.4. artist list confusion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.