Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Shortcut intermittent

I use the keyboard short Shift-I to go to selection In point. It was working fine, and then in the middle of the session it just started going to another selection's In point. So I quit Motion and all other programs, then re-started Motion only. Then the first time I used the shortcut it worked, and then the second time it went to a different selection InPoint, not the selected clips' in point.

What do I do to regain constant control over that shortcut?

Before I submitted this I thought I'd check to see if the Shift-O worked. Well, Shift-I DID work and Shift-O did NOT.

Intermittent, so now I'm guessing it's something I'm doing with groups, but I can't see that there is any co-relation to where the Playhead goes.

So, I re-started again - now neither Shift-I nor Shift O go to appropriate spot.

How do I troubleshoot and fix?

TIA - Any help appreciated.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 so spiffy

Posted on Jul 18, 2015 3:01 PM

1 reply

Jul 19, 2015 7:32 AM in response to smidi

Not a known bug at all. First, be very careful of which window pane is active when you do the jump to in/out point command. Second, what version of Motion 5 are you running? Finally, when you launch Motion 5, first hold down the Option and Command keys. This will bring up a window asking if you want to delete the preference files. Tell it YES! It will not have any affect on your projects files or media. Verify you also have at least 15% of your drive's total capacity as free space. This goes for the system drive especially, but also for any connected drive.

Keyboard Shortcut intermittent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.