Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Albums won't "unhide" from my iTunes

Okay so i recently got a replacement computer and went to redownload all of my music onto it. When I went into the purchased section of iTunes and clicked "not in my Library", there were only my last two purchased songs as options. I researched it and learned about the hide and unhide section in the account info area and saw that all of my albums were hidden. I thought well fine, at least i found them, and began to unhide my albums.

However I began to notice that some of my albums were not unhiding. I tried restarting my computer and shutting down and bringing it back up the next day thinking maybe those were just glitching or something. I've noticed that the Albums that I'm having difficulty with are soundtrack albums from movies, could this be why I'm having trouble with them? Are there extra steps for these for some ridiculous reason? I can't figure this out and I don't want to link my phone to my computer because I'm afraid it will give me the same problem on my phone afterward.

These Albums aren't letting me open them or bring up options for them. I read somewhere to delete and redownload them but i don't have a deleting option.

I have a MacBook and am operating iTunes 12.2.1.16

Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 9:43 AM

3 replies

Jul 21, 2015 7:33 AM in response to manderrs6

Howdy manderrs6,

If I understand correctly you are trying to unhide your albums, but for some reason they aren't unhiding for you. I would boot to Safe Mode to clear some caches and verifies the startup disk which may help resolve the issue here. After that, restart as normal and test the issue again:

OS X Yosemite: Start up in safe mode

Starting up in safe mode may help you diagnose problems you’re having with your Mac.

Important: To print these instructions, click the Share button User uploaded file in the Help window, then choose Print.

1. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.

2. After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key.

You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac again, but don’t hold down any keys during startup.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Albums won't "unhide" from my iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.