Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my purchased films show as on my ipad but not on the file folder on my laptop

Films are showing on my iPad and will not transfer/sync to my laptop how do I remedy this?

iPad 2, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 9:19 AM

1 reply

Jul 21, 2015 7:13 AM in response to cattross

Hi cattross,

If you purchased a movie from the iTunes Store on your iPad, and you would like to have it on your computer, you can download it again from the iTunes Store. Here's how:

Download past purchases from iTunes in the Cloud - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

Redownload a movie, TV show, or music video

You can only redownload a movie, TV show, or music video that you bought from the iTunes Store. Rented movies are not available for redownload.

On a Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click More (three dots) in the upper-left corner.
  3. Click Movies User uploaded file or TV Shows User uploaded file from the pop-up menu.
  4. Click iTunes Store.
  5. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  6. Under Movie Quick Links or TV Show Quick Links on the right side of the iTunes Store, click Purchased.
    User uploaded file
  7. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  8. Scroll to find the item that you want to download.
  9. Click the Download User uploaded file icon in the upper-right corner of the item you want to download. Your app downloads to your library.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Have a great day!

Some of my purchased films show as on my ipad but not on the file folder on my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.