Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX to Compressor to iDVD - Settings?

Hello,

I just created a 40-minute project via FCPX and sent to Compressor (the file is 1080p HD, 1920x1080, 29.97p, ProRes 422). Now I'd like to save the file in Compressor to burn with iDVD. What should my settings be in Compressor for maximum quality?

And, from what I've gather in reading other posts, I'm guessing that iDVD settings should be at "best performance" rather than "professional quality" because my video is under 60 minutes - is this correct?

I've tried a few mini-projects and used FCPX to Share, Toast, and iDVD, and to my eye, iDVD was the best of the three DVD options.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 11:41 AM

ACtually, You don't need Compressor for iDVD. Just export a Pro Res 422 (or LT) master file and bring that into iDVD. I don't see why you shouldn't use professional quality if you have the tone.

RUss

2 replies

FCPX to Compressor to iDVD - Settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.