Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else not able to place a book order? "Unexpected error"

I have verified I have the latest photo update, closed the app and reloaded the app, and still am not able to place a photo book order. I keep encountering error message, "Unexpected error, try you order again later." I have been trying to place this order all day and keep getting that message.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks!

EmmaUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 3:53 PM

26 replies

Jul 21, 2015 12:44 PM in response to emtastic05

Hi emtastic05,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues ordering photo books in Photos. If you continue to have these issues when ordering, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful (the article is aimed at iPhoto, but the steps should apply to order issues in Photos as well):

Do you receive the message "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later"?

Yes, I see that message.

Try re-entering your credit card information and billing address on the Apple Online Store exactly as it appears on your credit card statement.

1. Go to the Apple Online Store.
  2. From the Account menu, click View Account.
  3. Click "Change your default shipping or billing info" under Account Settings.
  4. If asked, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  5. Click Edit next to Payment Information.
  6. Re-enter all of your information exactly as it appears on your credit card statement, and click Save.

iPhoto for Mac: Troubleshooting ordering prints and projects from Apple - Apple Support

Cheers

Jul 21, 2015 2:41 PM in response to emtastic05

Do you get this error message, when the upload starts? Then try to restart your Mac in Safe Mode and try again to place the order:

See this link: Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

The Mac will be terribly slow in Safe Mode, but this will disable non-standard system extensions and frequently it makes it possible to connect to Apple's servers, even if incompatible software is installed.

Jul 21, 2015 2:48 PM in response to emtastic05

Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and try ordering from there. Be sure to create a PDF file of the book as described in this Apple document Preview a print project in Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture to avoid issues - Apple Support while in the Safe Mode and check it for any missing photos or text or incorrect color issues before ordering.

User uploaded file

Jul 22, 2015 9:24 AM in response to Old Toad

So I was able to save as PDF again, booted in safe mode, accessed the PDF to preview from my desktop, everything looked fine, went through the 'buy book' option, selected s2 address, click 'place order', signed in with Apple ID, and as it started to authenticate, that's when the 'unexpected error' message happened once again.....

Still no luck.

I appreciate all of your help with this and at this point, Im just giving up.

Thanks again.

Anyone else not able to place a book order? "Unexpected error"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.