Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacPro (early 2008) has to be restarted whenever it's been in sleep mode for a while.

When it's in screensaver mode, it's goes to sleep after 45 minutes or so. But whenever it's been asleep for a while, it always has to restart when you try to wake it up, and I can't find a way in the Settings to keep it from going to sleep, unless I've just totally overlooked it. Any help anyone can give me will be gratefully appreciated.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2015 2:10 AM

Have you tried:

OS X: When your Mac doesn't sleep or wake - Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 20, 2015 4:34 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the info. I was able to change the setting to keep it from going to sleep, but do you have any idea why this is happening? I always used to be able to put it in sleep mode and then wake it back up later on with no problem, but now every time it goes to sleep it has to restart. There has to be something that's causing this, and if you can think of anything else that may fix it, I'd sure appreciate hearing about it.

My MacPro (early 2008) has to be restarted whenever it's been in sleep mode for a while.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.