Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blurry fonts

I recently purchased a Mac Mini (late 2013, 16gb ram, i7 processor) and have it connected to an HP 24" monitor. Fonts are blurry. I also connected it to another 24" Asus monitor I have and same issue. I have tried turning on and off the font smoothing option. I have also played with the sharpness settings on my monitor. No joy. I have gone out on the web to see what I can learn and see many complaints about this issue. Seems Yosemite is great for those with the retina monitors or Apple specific monitors (but it is impacting earlier iMacs it seems), but for those of us using other brands it sounds like we are in trouble. I also note that Apple has been amazingly silent on the issue.

So, it's nasty on my eyes and I'm getting older so it isn't a happy thing. Is there ANY word that anyone has heard about a correction for this issue?

Thanks-

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 8:47 PM

9 replies

Jul 20, 2015 8:39 PM in response to subfam2

This issue can be caused by setting the wrong color space on a display connected via the HDMI port. If the display has a built-in menu for color settings, select

Input Color Format

or perhaps

RGB

from that menu. Note that this is a setting on the display, not on the computer.

Otherwise, check the display manufacturer's website for more information, such as a ColorSync profile that you can use to override the built-in one.

Failing that, use a Thunderbolt adapter to connect the display, if applicable.

blurry fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.