Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac driver to connect my MBA to a Samsung display?

Where can I find a Mac driver for a 24" samsung display. I searched online but could not find it.

When I connect it now I can not select the maximum resolution so I assume I need a OSX driver of the display to get this?

When connecting the MBA to any kind of beamer via a Displayport Cable my display on the MBA gets smaller. How can I avoid this?

Thank you.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), null

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 11:32 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 5:32 PM in response to Tornaduc

You do not need an OS X driver. OS X by default selects what it considers the best for the display (based on the EDID that OS X is provided, by the display). If you want to choose a different resolution, go to System Preferences -> Displays and hold Alt/Option and click on Scaled and it will show you available resolutions that your monitor can support. Each display may it's own unique set of resolutions.

In Displays, when an external monitor is connected, please click on Arrangement and look for the Mirror Displays check box. If unchecked, you can choose different resolutions for each monitor.

Mac driver to connect my MBA to a Samsung display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.